December 4, 200817 yr comment_278594 Can you add some fish bait when making up the frozen european shrimp mix recipe? Aswell as shrimp etc, it's just alot cheaper. What are the pros and cons does anyone know? Would hate to kill all the fish or polute the tank Report
December 5, 200817 yr comment_278652 I only be tempted to use top grade or food grade bait, as the lower grades may have been refrozen.and considering how cheap you can get thawed or frozen cooked or raw prawns for at the supermarket your price difference would be neglogable I would think. Report
December 5, 200817 yr comment_278657 Supermarket is pricey compared to the asian market type places, if you can handle their stinky seafood/butchery departments!! I think I usually pay about $12/kg for frozen raw peeled prawns. Report
December 5, 200817 yr comment_278658 dude -you want visit the wet market in the sichuan province. I still don't have nose hairs. Report
December 5, 200817 yr comment_278659 LOL!! I'd never eat meat or seafood from there (although I probably have/do from various restaurants) but they're good for fish food!! Report
December 5, 200817 yr Author comment_278683 Hey thanks for the replies...I wimped out and bought shrimp from the supermarket, the bait I had looked and smelt disgusting so figured it wasn't worth saving a few bucks, especially when the frozen mix lasts a fair while.. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.