Which filter ?

Morpheous

Hi, I've just bought a tank 450x450x1140 approx. 230L and am a newbie with Tropical fish ( had cold water tanks before ) I'm wanting to set it up for tropical fish, and was wondering should I go with Under gravel and a Power head, or do I need to go to a cannister filter, I am on a budget so I need the cheapest most efficient method. Also Do I need to run 2 heaters or can I use 1, and what wattage heaters should I get ?

Thanks,

Glen

my suggestion would be a fluval 403 cannister filter. I use one in my tank which is of similar dimesions, and it works very well

Heater I don't know much about but if there is a good current going then IMO 1 will do as this should provide even temperature. (heater located in path of jet stream)

I have a 1000x500x500 (250 L) tank and I'm running a fluval 404 on that plus a Aquaclear 150 which I had spare and use to diffuse my Co2. The Fluval works really well (touching wood whilst typing :o ). I am only using one heater a Jager 250 watt and my tank stays between 25-26 C all the time. Running two heaters is a good idea like Chimera said. Pegasus has a good tip on running two heaters see his post here: http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?t=1688

Cheers,

Matt