Suggest a tank mate!

greatmoojin

Hey all,

After a bit of a shuffle around i've now got lots of tank space! :P Looking for stocking suggestions for:

3 ft tank, heavy filtration/lots of current, 2 x large pieces of driftwood, very sparce plants.

Current occupants: 1 x 15cm pleco, 1 x 10cm honey gourami, 2 x blue ram

Look forward to any and all suggestions! :wink:

Do you prefer lots of smallish, colourful schooling fish? Or are you a big fish fan?

Personally I adore the look of a school of smaller fish, so my tank has colourful barbs & tetras. If going for this option, choose only one or two different varieties and get as many of them as you can. A couple of big schools is much more impressive than a whole lot of different types of fish with just a few of each type.

Im so caught in the middle on this one - on one hand i really like big fishlins, on the other i also love the colourful little 'uns! What tetras/bards have you got Whetu? I was looking at glow light tetras thinking they look so cool, then i saw some severums and they look awesome - conundrum! :lol:

What substrate you got? If its small&round or sand Id chuck a couple of surinimensis in there with a swag of small colourful Tetras

the Suris take a long time to grow to 20cm, look stunning and wont eat your little uns.

Best of both worlds really

They'll be getting cramped in about a year or so.

I'd vote for a big school of tetras and maybe a pair of dwarf cichlids. I saw some great looking schooling tetras at HFF Albany today; accidentally I startled one mob in a tank and the whole lot shot off behind the rock in formation and standing still the school slowly returned to the front, until moved to the next tank- whoosh... gone.

Stu :)