How large to turtles grow?

tinytawnykitten

Yep the Reeves would be the smallest. You could always get a male red ear tho, as they are smaller then females...(tho I did get a 3yr old male who was bigger then any adult female I've ever seen, but he really was the 'exception to the rule' and now lives at Willowbank. He really was a ginormous turtle!!! :o Especially for a boy!) Had been Very well fed.... :roll: Snake necks (Eastern long necks), get quite big too, so definately Reeves or male red eared slider would be the smallest :D

Growth depends a bit on food and tank size etc, but they probably double in size each yr or so to start with.... :D

I have found alot of people seem to like/want them when they are tiny and `cute`? then when they big and start banging around breaking a heater or two they get sick of them and want another little one?You would probably attest to this Donna?These are the ones that end up in your care or down at the local river?

I have found alot of people seem to like/want them when they are tiny and `cute`? then when they big and start banging around breaking a heater or two they get sick of them and want another little one?You would probably attest to this Donna?These are the ones that end up in your care or down at the local river?

Too True Repto... :( Many adult turtles found wandering or in a river or somewhere....and no-one seems to have reported them missing..so they end up at my house. They really are cute when little, but grow fast...

Worst case was the 2 found in a plastic bag and taken to lfs and then to me via SPCA...they were alive but sort of decomposing....straight to vet and needed to be euthanased immediately. :( So sad and completely unnesecary. :x I guess thats why I cant personally bring myself to breed the red ears....too many would end up coming back in a few yrs time..... :(

if i sell babies i always tell people to bring them back when they have had enough of them

one lady swaps hers for youngsters every couple of years

sad about the ones in the bag donna :evil:

got brought in one the other day that had been under the mower

just scraped the top off the 3 highest scutes, iodine and see how it goes

still eating though, one lucky turtle