OOOOBAAAAAAMMAAAAAA

georgeous

I think many people who would vote Republican were put off by the thought of McCain dying and being replaced by a loose canon. Clinton is a lawyer, Nixon's second name is watergate, Regan was an actor and George W is an oil magnate so how are they better qualified?

I wish him and the USA all the best and hope he helps restore the good name of the American people.

McCain has been in politics for much longer, and truly (IMO) understands how the politics game works.

McCain is too outdated...seriously the only reason why he got so far is because he married into a rich family...besides how can he expect people to take him seriously with Sarah Palin as his VP?

Agreed, but Obama is experienced at being a lawyer and lecturer, not politician (other than 4 years as senator). McCain has been in politics for much longer, and truly (IMO) understands how the politics game works

:roll: Pfft. What does experience provide a politician with? A greater ability to cover up lies and deception? The fact he's a fresh face is a GOOD thing... as president he is the highest political official, the head of state and government, but that does not mean he governs alone. IMO, a president is moreso a face for the people, a figure to provide the reassurance of democracy and the US constitution.

and anyways, you're all missing the point - change your way of thinking, consider who Obama has just replaced 8) Even some of my fish are smarter... :wink:

actually sarah palin was such a hit with the reps that they stood a better chance of winning with her as presidential candidate. a lot of people would have seen past the "inexperience" if you can call it that.

perhaps alaska is too isolated, i mean it does border with "russia" LOL :o

I find it crazy that no one seemed to bring up that Palin was the one pushing for Alaska being independent. I would have thought that wanting to be part of the US was an important thing for the VP...

I agree that a president doesn't actually have to be experienced, but the fact that so many Americans did not think that it is important astounds me. A lot of politics is knowing who and when to sway and bribe on board. Obama should be fine at this (insert your own racist joke here).

I have to say, although he's not my pic of president, I think that he and his wife are doing a good job in the 24hrs post election. He certainly knows how to be inclusive and to encourage participation in politics.

Many people in America seem obsessed with being American, saluting the flag and supporting foreign policy no matter how bad it is. They forget that the only reason they are American is because that is where their mother was when she gave birth. If she had been is Sri Lanka they would be Sri Lankan. It is not as if they had anything to do with it. Obama is not African American--he is American with a Nigerian father the same as many Americans have Italian or Irish parents. One day we may get wise enough to see the man inside. If he were a Maori he would be very respected as an orator--he is one of the best speakers I have heard and to do that you need a fine brain and have it connected to your mouth--not like an unsuccessful VP candidate I forgot the name of. May his god go with him for the sake of us all.

i don't see obama as a "black president", i see him as a "younger president" with fresh ideas. He is an educated man who is a great speaker & appears to me to be a "good operator" but whether or not he will do a good job will be seen in the coming year.

Sheesh I'm starting to think the rest of the world is as stupid as America. I read an article in the Herald written by an American living in Europe, and suddenly over-night he has gone from being treated as the scum of the earth to a wonderful person. He spoke of other Americans living in other foreign countries, and how attitured towards Americans everywhere have instantly changed because of a new president.

The fact still remains that it was a fairly close race (a heck of a lot closer to 50/50 than an overwhelming majority), but suddenly every American is no longer a gun-toting war-starting ignorant redneck but a wonderful peace-loving open-minded liberal. Regardless of who they voted for in this, and in past, elections...

:-?