bloody kids

rockwork

i had seven cats growing up...

cat, cat ,cat ,cat ,cat , cat , and cat....

whats the point naming an animal that doesnt come when you call it??

admittedly some cats come when called... more the exception than the norm though

I find it's more the norm when a cat has an owner that cares to actually try and train it.

Of course, sometimes they just don't care if you're calling them or you have to use reverse psychology and call one of the other cats. Then the one you want will come because it doesn't want to miss out.

Apparently cats are very trainable, just we don't think to train them.

Really all most people do is train them to use a litter tray or not 'go' inside, how to use the cat door/scratching post, and not jump on the kitchen bench. Beyond that we don't consider teaching them things.

With dogs we have a culture that they are endlessly trainable, so we train them.

Who here remembers that video of the goldfish trained to push a mini soccer ball into a mini-goal for a food reward?

Firstly, you should probably make sure its a boy before calling it something like Bruce :wink:

Secondly, and off the topic haha, I have been training my burmese girl a bit. She loves fetching, but she taught herself that. Have taught her to stand on her hindlegs and touch my hands, shake, and lie down. Moving onto rollover after exams are finished :D

picking names is such fun but i dont like common names (specially when i worked as a vet nurse you'd hear the same ones ova an ova)

Some ideas:

sushi

toot - sounds funny calling out :lol: toot toot, come on... tooooooot

zero

sup (pus backwards)

boss

Whitey instead of blackey

fly

crash

toes

Ps: you can teach cats tricks as my fluff ball Tex sits on comand. Sometimes you have to say it twice but he will do it. :wink:

.......... I have been training my burmese girl a bit. She loves fetching, but she taught herself that. Have taught her to stand on her hindlegs and touch my hands, shake, and lie down. Moving onto rollover after exams are finished :D

I would of thought a Burmese girl would already be trained. :roll:

:lol: :lol: