where to buy 2 or 3watt leds

spoon

ok got that sorted how many will i need want to light a 100l tank dosent have to be 2 intense not for plants or anething but enuff to see the fish im thinking 4 x 3watt but then again i dont really know how bright this will be i wont be using diffusers so i can get a metal halide like point of veiw lighting effect where the light ripples across the sand on the bottom

The LEDs will have a very narrow focus which will be a problem if you're not using a diffuser. Hard to say exactly without the exact dimensions of your tank and the beam width of the LEDs. You'd probably get about a 3" circle on the bottom of the tank, this is approximate based on my keychain led torch which probably has as wide or wider beam.

Bottom dimensions would be something like 2 feet wide by 12" deep? To get solid coverage that would be an array of 8X4 so 32 to get solid coverage of the bottom of the tank. You'd probably get away with 16 before you start getting a bit of a pools of light look. Maybe 8 if you have driftwood, rocks etc to break up the outlines of the everything.

I have a 3 watt LED spotlight (Energizer) and a 1 watt LED headlamp (Kathmandu).

They are really seriously bright and light up for a long way.

The spotlight has a seriously narrow beam due to the reflector. I disagree with Ira, the LED shouldn't do a narrow beam of light unless it is focused by a reflector.

Oeminx, what make.model is your torch?