HELP!!! fluval stopped, cant get it going again!!!

new2discus

Noticed today that my 2nd fluval 404 on my discus tank is not going, have tried everything i can think of to get it started again, but it wont go. No blockages in inlet or outlet hoses.....i get the feeling haloween is playing a part but really need some input please!!! Was going when i did a water change on wednesday.....HELP

It is most probably air. If you pump plunger slowly it should come right, if not then prepare your lips and lungs for a mouth full of fishy water YUCK! If it is rattling then the impeller is unseated and needs to be removed and reseated.

yes, not a silly q...i am a female trying to operate stuff, but have tried priming it while plugged in but still nothing...dont want to leave it plugged in doing nothing! it did stop between now an the last water change, plugged in the whole time. Have taken it apart, cleaned, put back together....

it is rattling, but not sure if it is just air or the impeller. have tried sucking on the outlet....havn't been able to find the lil gadget to remove the impeller....but wouldn't have thought that it would have changed having not touched the filter before finding out something was up??