Discus constapation

Olly

One of my 4cm discus went emo; dyed himself black, hung out by himself behind the filter pipe and didnt eat much for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday afternoon he came out and ate some beefheart/lettuce/peas/garlic mix. He must have been hungry cos he got a big belly on him.

It still hasnt gone down and is still huge 24hours later. The fish is sulking on the bottom of the tank looking very uncomfortable.

Is there any way I can make him poo?

I'm not too keen on squeezing :o :lol:

how many teaspoons (or other way to measure it) would be right to treat 25L?

10G (gallons) = 36litres (American), 45litres (British Imperial)

1 tablespoon to 10G so for you just do a bit less than one tablespoon and see how it goes. i'm sure you can find a tablespoon around? if you only have a teaspoon look up metric units on google and you find out how many teaspoons go into a tablespoon i can't remember off the top of my head

after a 12 hour treatment with epsom salt, the bulge has dissapeared, and there is a large turd on the bottom of the tank. I have put it back in with the other discus but its hiding from them, and wont join them