Discus I.D please?

Dave+Amy

WOW he/she's that OLD?? is that as much colour as I'll get with this little dude/dudette? I do triweekly water changes.

he's not that shy, always first to the whiteworm handouts - currently trying to get my hands on some Droncit but no ones seems to stock it or are too lazy to even get it in...wouldn't mind buying some prazi off others as I don't really need 5L of it (nor do I have that extra cash with Xmas prezzies around the corner).

fed on NLS discus granules, whiteworms and bloodworms.

agree with firenzenz. based on eye size i'd say it's size has peaked. they can get stunted in the wild due to not enough food (you can tell as they eye is proportionally bigger than the rest of the body), nice red desirable eye though :) i had discus like that.. some didn't colour up much, others went nice and green. looks like the wild brown colour rather than the red spot teffe green tho. diet's pretty good. try get some daphnia/mosquito larvae that'll get his/her heart pumping. is it shy or confident?

right that is the LAST time I buy Discus from a petshop....NOT to mention because of it I have to find Droncit to treat my WHOLE DAMN tank :o

I've noticed his/her pelvic fins (or is it pectoral) hasn't lengthened - how old would a fish be when that lengthens?

He/she is quite the dominant one in the tank, i feed them whiteworm off the tip of a skewer and this one always comes right up so I don't think it's shy.

Right I'll try and get my hands on some daphnia - do good for the whole tank.

has treated the whole tank by Prazi, this guy had A LOT of worms to excrete :o

Needing to know when these white worms come out - are they DEAD or just PARALYZED? Been doing really vegilant water changes after per treatment and he/she's lightened a bit more than in the photo.

I scored some prazi off Cesarz and have been doing half strength dosages on the Discus (one coke bottle cap to every 60L), they seem fine?

I'm trying beef heart (laced with metro) but they don't take it, I've chopped them into tiny bits but the Discus just won't eat it, they chew then spit out (this is the first time I'm giving them beef heart - they've been on granules).