Hello

SnakesSkin

Hi everyone,

my name is Richard. And here's a little bit of my background. I have been in the tropical fish realm for the last 5yrs and kept and bred Discus. I decided to try Discus 3 years ago, as I was bored and thought that Discus would offer more of a challenge and of course I was hooked. My Discus experience consisted of buying lots of discus which finally resulted in a mated pair that spawned what seems like a gazillion times. I had eggs that would hatch but the fry would die or get eaten soon after. Later spawns resulted in the fry swimming all over the tank aimlessly with no attempt to find the parents. Not being a person that gives up easily, I sold all my Discus and built a small fish room in the basement ( my wife was sick of the water spills & the seemingly endless line of buckets ). Now I'm presently about to install four 200 litre tanks and as soon as I'm up and running I'll be looking for some discus to raise. That's about it! ... :roll:

Oops ... I guess I had better mention what I am looking for. I originally had a Vortex Diatom Filter as a polisher for my tanks, unfortunately it developed a hole and I have been unable to find a replacement bag for it. Does anyone have any ideas or links? The second item that I could do with help is bulk BBS cysts ...

I'm looking foreward to making new friends and meeting new people. Cheers!

welcome Richard :D

the only way you will get parts for you filter is to order them on line! i have tried and tried to ask the importers to bring them back in but they dont want to no about the parts or the filters, its a shame because they are good.

good luck with your breeding (your fish breeding) :lol:

look forward to seeing you round

cya kim

Thanks for the information Alan. I contacted Pet-Expo, applied for an account ... granted; filled out the appropriate credit card forms for multiple filter bags ... accepted; three days later their offer was declined on the grounds of a product/freight cost imbalance. :-?

Currently there are no 1lb cans of BBS on Trade me. Thanks for your help and the warm welcome on NZ Fishroom.

Richard :D