DIY temporary stands

David R

I need a cheap stand for the 4' tank I just brought, and I saw this picture. This guy has tanks as large as 8'x4'x30" on these stands made out of cinder blocks (I think thats what theyre called). Has anyone ever done anything like that before? It only has to last for about 6 or so month as we'll probably be moving over xmas as my partner will have finished uni.

Any other suggestions for cheap stands?? I'll be building a proper cabinet and hood for it some time before we move.

Yep I have done this.

I have a 4ft*2ft(W)*1.5ft(H) tank sitting on these at the moment. My stand consists of concrete bricks stacked 2 high, in each of the corners and also in the middle of the stand (overkill probably, but wanted to make sure there was no sag in the middle). A double layer of chip board sits on top of the bricks, with a ploystrene sheet inbetween this and the tank sitting on top. I have even hung a piece of material around the stand to hide the fact that it is just bricks.