Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Red Pine Thread

Featured Replies

wow lots of interest for the red pine! thanks for all the pms i'll be replying to everyone soon.

btw forgot to add they are FREE but looks like they'll be all gone although most ppl are wanting it posted which is a bit of a pain :evil:

I have on many accasions bought Rotala wallichii and each time I have grown it emersed and got it to flower it has turned out to be Rotala rotundifolia withe the pink flowers. Wallichii has white flowers and I have yet to find it. There are two types around and one is redder than the other and was sold as wallichii.

  • Author

Oh thought i'd load some pics for clarification. i'm not sure they are actually 'red pine' i was just told they were. my ones are not very red coz i'm lighting is not very strong and i don't do iron ferts :oops: :oops:

what is their official name?

fish002mv5.jpg

w640.png

fish008zg1.jpg

w640.png

fish011ly8.jpg

w640.png

I don't know what plant this is as I have never grown Mayaca (it needs more light than I use) and I have never grown Rotala wallichii because I could never obtain it. On the many occasions I have bought it and grown it emersed it has turned out to be rotundifolia. You pays your money and takes your pick. My pick is that it is a type of Mayaca but I aint paying any money. Mrs Google is not God's Mother in Law so you could probably find examples of both being called red pine and that is one of the problems with using common names. It is however a great looking plant if you have light strong enough to keep it alive.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.