Hello, introducing me :)

Vdoubleyou

Hi all,

My names Scott, I'm from Whangamata. I'm new to tropical fish (had a few goldfish before). I brought a tank and some other gear yesterday :) (120 Litres) I've been into the chatroom and talked to a few of you before, thanks for the good advice, I'm sure I'll need plenty more. I'm going to set the tank up today and then on the weekend get a few fish.

Scott.

Hi Scott, and welcome to the Fishroom.

See you have already met the gang in the chat room :)

Thing about starting up is to do things slowly... a bit at a time, and curb your desire to add more fish than needed at the start.

Start keeping notes about all you do.. prices, additions.. water changes.. anything you add to the tank etc.

This way you have some record to refer to if things get out of hand.

You'll have happy times, and sad times (when things go wrong).. but stick with it, because it takes time to get things to a point where you can finally relax :)

All the best,

Bill, one thing I never did was to keep a record of what I spent.

The sooner I forgot about it.

The better.

If I had of kept records,

I would have given up long ago.

I think.

mmmmmmmmmm

Maybe I wouldn't have ,, but mmmmmmmm :roll:

Alan

welcome Vdoubleyou

And for Cycling tanks not to sure what u should do i only cycle my tanks for 2 weeks then add a fish to help it along , but i had dun a full tank clean and added the fish about 3 hr after refulling so not sure on that Cycling tanks thingy sorry , but it works ok for me :lol:

bikiegirl

• 4 weeks later...