My new beardie

Nickle Pickle

Me and my flatmate got our bearded dragons today!

They are about a week old and are so cute! They are in a tank made by greg which is 4 foot x 2 foot x 2 foot. My flatmate called hers puff and i called mine charizard.

DSC00948.jpg

Charizard.

DSC00949.jpg

Puff.

DSC00950.jpg

Charizard.

DSC00958.jpg

Puff on the tip of my thumb.

DSC00959.jpg

Puff

DSC00960.jpg

Charizard

And could charizard be showing signs of being a male??

Malebeardie-1.jpg

:lol: :bounce:

No I haven't had them before, but yes I do know what to feed them, and do look after them at work (nothing of this size though). I have a culture of mealworms going so have plenty of smaller meal worms I also have some wax moth larvae. I had a long chat to the breeder when I picked them up and this is what he feeds his babies.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

go easy with the waxworms,they will get blocked up real quick.Also the mealworms at this age are suspect?The best thing to get is newly hatched locusts but better if you are setup for this yourself.Get a big net and run through long grass etc and you can catch alot of small gnats and fly type stuff,alot of small prey items are better than one or two big things if you get what I mean.I would refrain from handling them as well,they are pretty fragile at that age.I would never sell them to anyone so young personally.

nice looking bds

mealworms ive read contradicting info like theyre fine for a staple for babies rite through to theyre a no no all round as hardly any goodness in them and the bds struggle to digest them.

but ive found them great in the past as never had enough crickets or locusts to go around, now got crickets almost sorted im feedn less mealies.

jst watch there poops if u feed heaps of mealies u will often end up with mealie soup up the walls of your tank, sum ppl say only feed the whiter mealworms or the ones that just shed there skin but each to there own.

don`t know what this season`s price is yet? but saw them in the birdbarn recently for $400 each.I used to sell them for double that only 2yrs ago.There are alot that have been bred that are now breeding themselves so its the old supply and demand thing?its still alot of hard work to hatch and raise quality babies that means ones that are healthy,eating everything and still have all their appendages they came with(tails,toes,claws etc)other breeders will be more up with the play than me?

• 1 month later...