In Auckland

Pies

I'm in Auckland Sat-Wed this week. I am catching up with Steve and NickS on Sunday, and hope to see Chimera as well. Anyone else about who wants to catch up, give me a call.

See some of you shortly.

Pies

Well got to look at a few tanks while I was up, thanks to Steve for scooting me about.

JetSkiSteve - Tank looking awesome as always, with some interesting colour in his Acros. A bit of cyno on the sand, but everything else was looking tip-top. The new lights look a lot better than the 10K BLVs he was running. Healthy looking corals abound. Excellent tank Steve, stuff is really starting to grow! Ohhh and if you are looking for some cheap Xenia frags, Steve should be able to look after you :)

NickS - I've seen nicks tank before, perhapps about 6 months ago. This time around the tank was looking much better. Great colour in many of the acros, a very nice yellow/green polyped acro would easily be 3x bigger than it was last time I was there. Great looking monitporas. Nicks tank only had 4 fish, and personally I really liked the 'low fish' look. Nicks water was completely clear and sparkeling with no yellow stain or anything else at all, I couldn't belive how clear it was. Great tank nick can't wait to see it agaon.

XXXX - JetSkiSteves in wall tank in Takapuna (sp?). I saw this tank when it was first setup, bare with rock, no fish and no coral. This time around it has more rock, large corals and a few fish and was looking great for a new tank. Good rockwork and nice stock. Steve has done a great job in maintaining this tank. Only negitive was that there are a few Aipstasias about.

Thanks to you guys, always a pleasure.

Pies

i agree i think the takapuna is fantastic (will look even better as it matures)

but i dont envy the job of getting the aipstasia's out of that tank not to mention that silly little clown fish

(getting to the aipstasia in my tank was very satisfying) (go joes juice)

sorry i missed ya pies, wanted to catch up but seemed like we were both too busy. maybe next time when the new tanks in and running strong! :) Steve, if you're ever up this end you know you're more than welcome to come zap some of my apstasia - as soon as i kill one another rears its ugly head... another job before the rock goes into the new tank!

Speaking of aptasia. I've got 1, just one. But I scraped the bastard off the rock and scrubbed the spot with a brush under running water in the sink about 2 weeks ago...And he's BACK! I thought people were exagerating about how tough they are to get rid of.