Hole in the bottom installation.

richms

I bought a hansen tank fitting at miter10 (sftft25) - looking for a drillbit on trademe to make the hole.

Now when I put a ruler to the tank fitting (which says its 25mm) it looks about 32-33mm across the thread. The data at http://www.hansenproducts.co.nz/tech/thread/dimensions/sftft.htm#SFTF

says that for the sftft25 it is 25 across the thread. When I was at miter10 I tried threading it onto other things and the 32mm pipe adaptor seemed to fit onto it ok.

I am wondering if I actually got a 32mm tank fitting that was mislabled or if the 25mm refers to the inside or what.

Since 32mm is an actual drillsize, I was thinking that it would be the one to go for, but want conformation that I am not going to end up with a wrong sized hole that I cant use.

BTW, I will be drilling a crappy 3 foot tank first, not the good tank ;)

from what i remember the 25mm refers to the inside diameter of the hansen fitting and you need to use a 32mm drill bit to drill the correct hole

Thanks for that, I had a feeling that it would be 32 but all I have here to measure at the moment is a shoddy dressmakers tape in cm.

Do you know what size the 20 and 32's take? I may as well get those bits at the same time?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok well it wont be till next week I get enough time to have a try but from the video it looks no problems. From the pixelated mess that is youtube it looks like the same holesaw I got (I wish more people would use vimeo of any of the other sites that dont recompress to virtually nothing)

I never thought of ebay as a source damnit.. ah well for the bigger ones I will ;)