August 31, 200818 yr comment_260557 After having Barrie come over and help me lift my 5' tank (big thanks!!!) with his josters, I decided they were so useful I might as well buy my own! Of course the first place you look is TradeMe and I found these. I know they're probably not as good as the ones the professionals use, but the price seems good, and they'd be handy to have for moving tanks around. So Barrie, or anyone else, any suggestions/opinions?? Where else sells them and what would you expect to pay for a half-decent set? (remembering that I'm not going to be using them daily, just for moving house, setting up new tanks etc). Thanks. ps. before anyone jumps on my nuts about TradeMe links here's a link to The Guidelines. "No links or references to Trademe, other Online Auction sites or Classified Adds to discuss an item for auction/sale (applies to expired listings and linked pictures); exception - if you are genuinely interested in buying the item and want to learn more about the use of the item and if it will be ok for your purpose." 8) Report
August 31, 200818 yr comment_260559 thats a pretty good price. thats even cheaper then their site Report
August 31, 200818 yr comment_260560 Good price, have not used those ones. The ones i have cost me about $100 each and are a single cup. Main thing would be to make sure they have a good seal before lifting, also keep the pad clean, any grime or dust could cause them to loose there suction. Report
August 31, 200818 yr comment_260566 great price but no where as much suction as the single cup pump ones. The rubbers slowly go hard and loose their ability to hold onto glass for anything but a few seconds so be aware of that. I dont know of anyone in the trade that would use them to be honest as after a while they are just far too dangerous If I was you, spend the $$ on something else and keep in good with a glazier Report
August 31, 200818 yr comment_260568 TM They are the almost the best (and the ones that we use) but number one for at least double the price is battery operated as they have a sensor that will start the vacume if it feel less presure Report
August 31, 200818 yr Author comment_260572 The rubbers slowly go hard and loose their ability to hold onto glass for anything but a few seconds so be aware of that. So what would the lifespan of a good set like the ones you had be? Maybe I shouldn't get some, will probably just encourage me to try to carry larger/more awkward tanks by myself... :lol: Report
August 31, 200818 yr comment_260603 normally the cups would last for 3 years but if there not used much and there for the cups are not getting movement, maybe 2 years Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.