couriering newts

aquanaut

Hi guys,

i need a little help with couriering newts from the north island to Christchurch. There are some for sale that i want to buy to give my lonely little guy some mates.

When i got mine from up north they hadn't morphed so were sent in a bag, in an ice cream container, in a box full of daphnia and arrived fine. These ones are the same age as mine and have morphed. How could they be packed up for a courier ride to ch-ch safely, I know they would nee to have some live food like wingless fruit flys but it's packaging itself.

damp java/spagnum moss in an icecream container etc with a few small air holes is how id send em theyre reasonably hardy, wouldnt hurt to chuck in some fruit fly or whiteworms (kp in mind air holes may = escapes) but i doubt they fed much as will be dark inside parcel

try getting overnight courier, but a couple of days shouldnt hurt, kp in mind they can go in smallish container so postage should be reasonable.

Yeah after much thought i don't think they will need food with them as they only feed every couple of days anyway. If i win them i will make sure the seller has feed them before they leave. Hey mincie thanks for that, i think that will be the go if i win.