2ft suggestions

Hoody

Looking at setting up a 2ft x 1ft for african's. I know it aint a massive tank but want to give these fish a go. Can anyone suggest fish that will be suitable for a tank of this size?? (If any?!).

Not 100% sure on filtration at the moment but would prefer to stick with internal. Regular water change's would not be a issue (doing enough on other tank's allready!). Really after something as colourfull as possible that is as active (dig's around ect) as possible??

Cheer's!

Tanganyika:

Altolamprologus compressiceps shell Sumbu x2

Lamprologus meleagris x2

Lamprologus ocellatus x2

Lamprologus speciosus x2

Lophiobagrus brevispinis x2

Neolamprologus brevis x2

For MALWI your fishtank is to big!

For that Tanganyika it will be not so bed but you need to check water !!!

Ph,Gh,!!!! KH !!!!

:wink:

lol yeah why not :)

A 2ft tank is only suitable as a grow out for most of the african species avaliable in NZ especially mbuna.. Large 3ft min to get a half descent display going, yes you could keep solitary fish in a 2ft but thats not a good life for them your best to buy a bigger tank or choose fish more suitable for your tank..

If you wanted to keep cichlids maybe some dwarf's? Cockatoos/rams or something like that?

Hmmmmm..........

Have allready got dwarf's in my 200l. So it's looking like malawi are out of the question, but Tanganyika a possibility??

Been playing with the idea of getting rid of my discus and going with chiclids, but it's a big call so wanted to give them a got in the spare 2 footer i got.

Off to google some Tanganyika's..... :wink:

unless you can find any shell dwellers 2ft would be too small for anything but a pair of jullies/brichardi/lelu's.. Even then I probably wouldn't do it with the lelu's or jullies as they can get cranky with each other and need a bit of space sometimes. I have had to rescue my male jullie a few times from beatings his girl gave him and that was in a 3ft tank in a smaller one he probably wouldn't have made it.

Been playing with the idea of getting rid of my discus and going with chiclids, but it's a big call so wanted to give them a got in the spare 2 footer i got.
Discus are cichlids too :)

If your serious about keeping some africans you really need a bigger tank you will find it alot better in the long run and your fish are more likely to be happy and not kill each other off..