Auckland uni fish keepers

Silvia-15

hey fishkeepers. Im a 2nd yr bcom student at auckland uni. Most my mates think im a nut job wasting money on fish. So far ive only met one other guy who keeps fish thats from uni. Im sure theres more of you out there that share the same hobby of fish keeping. If you guys r keen, we can start our own little club, 2 share ideas, help each other out, or just chat. What do you guys think?

Oh yea and am keen to start a club as well :D . I'm actually at uni now in the bio computer rooms, there's a big planted tank in here, absolutely chocka with anubia/java fern. I'm going to ask for cuttings soon I think, the plants are growing out of the top of the tank!

Start a club and get funding from the student union. They used to pay 50% of travel expenses. So you could all go on a mollie hunt near Turangi, or get them to pay for a whitebaiting trip or a trip to the national aquarium.

For fund raising do a sausage sizzle. We used to make $400 in a 4hr period. With the grant from AUSA we hired a van and paid for petrol and went on a tour around the North Island. It was a great New Years holiday and it didn't cost me a cent.