Dwarf cichlid cocaktoo and apistogramma Eunotus

mumzy50

lol what dixon said :)

Appistogramma is the family name and cockatoo's are one type of appisto..

They can be kept with all sorts best you list the tank size you have and what your planning to keep them with..

Are they delicate? Yes they can be more so the recent imports, some of us on here were lucky enough to get some really good ones off a local breeder that were crossed back to wild and they have prooved very hardy I had some fry survive for 2 weeks in an unheated tank with no food because I thought they had all been eaten..

Personally I would say unless your divide your tank its not big enough for a pair of each... Maybe fully planted it might work, I am unfamilair with eunotus's temperment but if you got one agro fish or a pair bred it is likely the other pair would be injured or at least bullied into submission all day..

They shouldn't be agressive to other fish altough might get stroppy at breeding time. Another thing to watch for is that they can be quite slow at getting food in a community tank so sinking food of some kind is best :D I agree that they are a very cute fish!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I imported both 2 years ago and im breeding both..Mine are strickly from wild parents and extremely tough..Rearly loose any at any size...

Young unsexed are on trade me at present..Cockatoo's

Also still a few pairs..My most successful is several types in same tank and when see fry i move all out and leave fry behind..

You can tell whos who by parents guarding them..Found regardless of tank size the male will hunt them down if he's in the mood again...Phill