Debza Posted July 31, 2008 Report Posted July 31, 2008 Got home today and found the filter in my Jebo tank not working...grrrrr I only brought this tank about March/April. Pulled it to pieces and cleaned it but no go. The Question is how long can the tank go without filtration? I did a water change on Tuesday night. Can't do anything about the filter until tomorrow, Quote
mumzy50 Posted July 31, 2008 Report Posted July 31, 2008 What type of fish do you have.What size tank.How many fish.If you have an air stone it should be fine till tomorrow.I would be doing daily water changes till you get another one. Quote
Debza Posted July 31, 2008 Author Report Posted July 31, 2008 it is a Jebo R362. It is the pump part that is broken. Just no go. The rest of the stuff is ok. It is one of those that goes over noodles and the water flows out the other end. Quote
mumzy50 Posted July 31, 2008 Report Posted July 31, 2008 Was the tank new,if so it should be under guaranty.I would do a water change tonight. Quote
Ant N Posted July 31, 2008 Report Posted July 31, 2008 If it is just a faulty impellor that needs replacing, get two. Then you will have a spare if needed next time. Quote
Debza Posted July 31, 2008 Author Report Posted July 31, 2008 Yes it was brand spanking new. I wonder if I was sposed to have fish...lol It is 109 litres Beacon fish x1, Neon tetra x5, glowlite tetrax5, Sepea tetra x1, Dalmation Molly x2, Black Widow Tetra x2, , Tiger Barbs x4, plus 3Catfish, and no I don't have an airstone Quote
mumzy50 Posted July 31, 2008 Report Posted July 31, 2008 They should be okay.But i would do a water change tonight.Do you have an air pump and tubing. Quote
Debza Posted July 31, 2008 Author Report Posted July 31, 2008 Just did a 40% water change. Man I love big water carrier bottles...lol Yup do Have air pump and hoses. Brought it over the weekend for my other small tank. I have hooked the tubing up to the pump and put the hose into one of the ornaments to make bubbles. I dunno why I didn't think of it earlier. Was coming back to post what I had done..and I saw what you said about the air pump and hosing... Great minds think alike huh? Quote
Debza Posted August 1, 2008 Author Report Posted August 1, 2008 Update: Yup filter is dead as a dodo. They are going to give me a temp one tomorrow and order a new one for my tank. Good service Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.