Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pleco vs Cichlid....

Featured Replies

Crazy as......

It's the morning, I feed the fish..... The adult keyholes come out for a much, as does pecker (the plec) when all of a sudden- - - - - B A N G ! ! ! The cichlids start nipping pecker, which he really does NOT like :roll: , then blow me down with a frick'n Nth Is. storm, the pleco actually LATCHES on to the other fish and whoa....... they didn't like that...

Freak'n weird but good to see pecker standing up for himself!

Has anybody else seen a 'pecker' attack any other fish before? The latching on was really serious..... he held on for a good 10 seconds while the keyholes spazzed out (as would I...). Still can't really believe what I saw as they get on so well together, well, from what I actually see...

I have seen the odd plec of ours get stroppy in the past.... never latched onto any of the cichlids, however, have been grumpy over a piece of food or pleco chip and done the whole go for the fish thing as if to say rack off...

Bet the Keyhole got the shock of his life :lol:

One day I noticed my black aro looked a bit roughed up and stressed, and I couldn't figure out why, until I turned off the lights. When the tank was dark my 11" redspot pleco was chasing the 16" aro around at the top of the tank!!

Have a watch of this video clip.

A pleco is quietly minding his own business in a tank of large piranha, untill one of the piranha steal his food :lol:

Looks like a large Goldspot - they have a real attitude 8)

Ian

  • Author

(Aaaah - good! This has been moved to be in the right category :lol: )

They were at it again last night. The cichlids had a lay (again) and Pecka wasn't happy. They fought for at least 20mins, of what I saw and it seems the fighting is getting worse....

Gonna have to get rid of Pecka. :cry: For the best. :cry::cry:

Thats sad :cry: How about getting another tank instead? 8) :wink: Congrats on having the cichlids spawn again though :bounce:

  • Author

Congrats!? Argh, no. I'm sick of frick'n eggs all the time....

Just got another tank but as it's planted, I'm not gonna run the risk of having the keyholes in there. They dig waaay too much! And as for putting Pecka in there, he'll destroy the plants aswell. (sigh)

I have a 'hospital' tank for my plants that have come back from the dead, and yet another tank with b/acara babies in. Neither of them will be suitable. And I'm sure I have to stop buying tanks at some stage, eh? 5 tanks in this room alone.

It's hard saying "goodbye" to a friend (!?), but at least he's still alive and will end up in a happy home, hopefully :wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.