Hypothetically, which cichlids could go in a 125L tank?

Rozski

Hypothetically of course :wink: And how many of what sizes?

I have to say I know nothing about them, apart from the fact electric yellow are cool and many cichlids mouth hold their fry. And some need quite high pH. Yup, thats about it haha. Been focussing on planted communities, not cichlids :wink:

Haha, no, it doesn't need to be planted. Be cool to have a rockscape tank with all the bright cichlids I see everyone else with, but realise that those are larger tanks.

Nice dwarfs are hard to find though :-? Though panduros are gorgeous... Would dwarf species scrap between themselves? They live more in pairs/trios than in colonys don't they?

Brichardi would be ok, however they are not bright or colourful like the Electric Yellows of which Rozski mentioned earlier. Depends what overall look you want to go for.

I like Julidochromis, hard case, like little battle subs.

Hmmm Tanks a bit small for all that Si.

Luelupi are nice or the Julies, Brichardi are very nice as well...lol

Could look at a few things but best to stick to smaller less territorial fish in a tank that size....Panduros are nice fish as are Cockatoos etc etc.

Wouldnt do the Rams if you want Rockscape tho.

Another thing to consider is the footprint rather than liters..maybe Lionheads?

HTH

Navarre

Probably better to suggest things Si that can live in the tank long term, its all good us suggesting to get a bigger tank, but bear in mind that maybe that is all Rozski has to play with :lol: (for now)

Tangys would probably be your best bet long term if you were to go African. Julidos are a heap of fun, awesome fish who will keep you entertained for rather a while :lol: