Where to get epsom salt?

Ktttk

I want to have a go at making the rift lake buffer for my malawi tank and had a quick look for epsom salt at the supermarket the other day. I found the iodised salt, rock salt etc but not epsom salt.

Any ideas on where I could find it?

Epsom salts is usually at the supermarket, but it can be hard to find! :roll:

I've seen it with laundry items or with the table salt. Mostly it is with the panadol and antacids, and other remedies. try there before you look at other types of shops - the supermarket price is cheapest. :lol:

Epsom salts is usually at the supermarket, but it can be hard to find! :roll:

I've seen it with laundry items or with the table salt. Mostly it is with the panadol and antacids, and other remedies. try there before you look at other types of shops - the supermarket price is cheapest. :lol:

Will have a look there next time, thanks!

Went back to my local countdown in Mt Wellington today and asked where the epsom salt was kept. The helpful lady led me on a tour of the supermarket before one of the other ladies pointed out that it was in the soap section :-?

I had a read of the label and it says you can add it to your bath - maybe thats why its in the soap section? It also mentions that you could add it to magnesium-deficient soil - so it could be placed in the gardening section too? The obvious place to put it (for me anyway) would be with the other cooking salts (thats the first place I looked :P ) - but maybe you can't eat epsom salt?

Anyway, I got what I was after.

Thanks for the replies.

Went back to my local countdown in Mt Wellington today and asked where the epsom salt was kept. The helpful lady led me on a tour of the supermarket before one of the other ladies pointed out that it was in the soap section :-?

I had a read of the label and it says you can add it to your bath - maybe thats why its in the soap section? It also mentions that you could add it to magnesium-deficient soil - so it could be placed in the gardening section too? The obvious place to put it (for me anyway) would be with the other cooking salts (thats the first place I looked :P ) - but maybe you can't eat epsom salt?

Anyway, I got what I was after.

Thanks for the replies.

Bathing: bath salts are basically just epsom salts with additives. Have a look at the box of Radox next time.

Gardening: If your citrus leaves are yellowing, sprinkle some epsom salts around the base of the tree.

Internal use! The phrase "a dose of the salts" refers to epsom salts - basically anything that isn't right with your 'insides' would be fixed by your grandmother with either epsom salts or cod liver oil. eeeewww!