Opening a CF1200 Motor?

SilverBlade86

as afrikan said it may be impellor has come loose on rubber mounts or impellor has come adrift on its magnet

impellor is the little fan thingy :D that pushes the water through

unclip top off filter and turn on you should be able to see impellor turning

Interesting. I took out the top part, turned it upside down and turned the filter on and the fan wasn't moving. (I assume that was the fan I was looking at).

Yet I know the filter works because I could feel the water pressure going against my hand when the filter is turned on.

Whats going on?

Edit - Sorry, I was looking at the wrong thing. Yes, the impellor is working and it's the one making the noise. How can I get to it and fix it?

You should be able to remove the impellor and check it... sometimes they just break down and you need to replace impellors on canisters.... easy enough done and you can still get impellors for that model...

Just check that there isn't something clogged up inside where it sits....

sorry used the word magnet as it was easier

you will probably find that the impellor plastic has worn down and won't drive the impellor properly

they have a plastic piece to catch the "fan" and drive it round

ask at local fish shop for replacement impellor, quoting brand and model nos

should be delivered in a couple of days

It's not abnormal for the impeller to move a bit on the magnet, they usually spin 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. The movement you need to look for is sideways and up and down, or if it turns completely. But the most common problem is the impeller and magnet moving on the shaft.

New impeller are pretty cheap so there is no harm in buying one, but you might just find it was air trapped in the canister making the noise.