scouts

fins

Hey

I was reading some of my books and they said that for some cichlids to be less shy and come out into the open you should put in some small tetras such as neons to act as scouts. Do people here do this? What do you use?

thanks

In my tank I have Blue Rams and Keyhole Cichlids and in with them I have Rummy Nose and Black Phantom Tetras. I think they are also referred to as dither fish. My cichlids are definitely not shy and are out in the open most of the time, it also helps to have a lot of plants and rocks/wood for them to hide in if they want.

:D Putting Tetras in my tank doesnt seem to work for me. Tried neons, rummy, you name it. Just not happening. Does anyone have any ideas

what I can put in my tank with my 20 Haplochromis Venustus. Those tetras just keeping disappearing :P:P:P

I know, sick

Not only does their pizza foul the tank but it leaves an oily film on the surface. The most annoying thing about them is the noise of little voices yelling "Cowabunga dude!" in the middle of the night :lol: