So upset

Jasmine

Came home to see Maroon clown fish on side...what the hell!

Surge board had been tripped, probably during storm here.

And my puffers are dead :cry::cry::cry:

I feel so helpless, slowly warming water up again, somehow feel responsible. I'm so upset!

Sorry Snooky, I really did love those little guys! :cry:

:( thats terrible news, seems like there were a few power problems last night.. our power went out for three hours and i was worried about the salt tank.

Have you go your powerheads running, its important to get your oxygen levels up by keeping your water flow going, will also help with your keeping your pH at a normal range. Hope your other fish make it. test to see if you've got any detectable ammonia nad if you've got it try and mix up some replacement salt water for a water change if necessary.

Oh sorry sorry to hear the bad news . :( that really sucks! If power outages are a regular occurance in your area, I have heard battery operated air bubblers are a cheap investment, or even better running your equipment thru a UPS Backup ( same as for computers) can be a big inusrance policy.... no good after the fact, but FWIW something to think of for the future...

I run a 3kva UPS keeps my return and temp controller running for a few hours.

But don't be confused by the VA rating, it tells you how much power the unit can deliver, not how long it can deliver that power for. So on mine I can have 3000va of devices attached (or about 2700w), 10 x 270w heaters. How long it would keep them running for would depend on how many batteries were in the unit. Of course the higher rated (VA) UPS's tend to have bigger battery packs, but I can see on the APC web site you can buy my UPS with no batteries if you want.

I run a 3kva UPS keeps my return and temp controller running for a few hours.

But don't be confused by the VA rating, it tells you how much power the unit can deliver, not how long it can deliver that power for. So on mine I can have 3000va of devices attached (or about 2700w), 10 x 270w heaters. How long it would keep them running for would depend on how many batteries were in the unit. Of course the higher rated (VA) UPS's tend to have bigger battery packs, but I can see on the APC web site you can buy my UPS with no batteries if you want.

Probably with no batteries and then supply a stack of car batteries would be the way to go.