fluval filters won't work :(

samstylez

Hi all,

I recently bought two different Fluvla filters, both second hand (supposedly in working order) and from two different people. Now neither of them will work!! :( One is a fluval 303 and the other is a fluval 203. I have heard that there can sometimes be problems with primeing them? Has anyone got any ideas for things I can try to make them work? Anyone been in the same situation? I will be really gutted if I can't get them to work :(

Thanks in advance :)

make sure you fill the cannister filter right to the top, give it a little wobble to get rid of most of the air bubbles.

connect all the pipes, connect the filter, and suck on the outlet pipe till you hear the filter sound like it is going, stop sucking.

If you are lucky you may have got a little black ball with the Fluvals which does the sucking for you.

When the 03 start running they are sweet.

Have fun.

If that doesn't work or you get sick of mouth fulls of water put a bucket beside the empty filter, suck on the output hose until you hear water start to run into the filter, put the output hose into the bucket and wait for the water to flow out, once it does give the filter a shake to get the bubbles out, turn off the taps, put the output back in the tank and your good to go.

What I do (with an empty cannister, e.g. no water), is unplug the output, leaving the valve open (or open the air lock release if you have one), remove intake pipe, suck on intake pipe, and just before the water starts syphoning itself all over the floor you turn the tap off, then connect to cannister.

Use this to fill the canister, then when its full turn off the intake, hookup the output, plug it in, and turn both taps to on. Never have to do it again unless you fill the intake with air.