Painted/dyed fish

johnny

Hi all

Sorry if I've been living on Mars and everyone knows about this already, but after doing a bit of reading on the net I felt quite simply sick.

I had heard of painted/dyed fish b4 but didn't realy know anything about them.

I was hoping people on here may be able to educate me a little on this issue. Do we or have we ever had these in NZ?

or is it a non event in NZ and we have never allowd these in.

Pretty sick if u ask me, what do others think?

For those of u who r like me and arn't realy up to speed with this topic heres a couple of link's:

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/p ... etails.php

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/p ... icle_id=72

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/p ... p?news=848

Cheers

Johnny

Petplanet in CHCH

Not Pet Planet, there is no shop called this in CHCH. Close though.

Im pretty sure most (but not all) fish stores in Christchurch have at some stage sold such fish.

To put a different spin on things, I have worked for a importer. During the ordering proccess i have ordered dyed fish. If we had known this we would not have ordered them.

For example, Red Tetra, is this dyed or not. You don't always know till the fish arrive and even then it can be hard to tell. Sure if they a bright blue or green or pink you could tell.

Not Pet Planet, there is no shop called this in CHCH. Close though.

Im pretty sure most (but not all) fish stores in Christchurch have at some stage sold such fish.

To put a different spin on things, I have worked for a importer. During the ordering proccess i have ordered dyed fish. If we had known this we would not have ordered them.

For example, Red Tetra, is this dyed or not. You don't always know till the fish arrive and even then it can be hard to tell. Sure if they a bright blue or green or pink you could tell.

Sorry, I meant Petworld :lol:

I just had a quick look at the video on the link - OMG :o

I sort of get why they do it = it looks cool to have a tank full of bright colourful fish - but IT'S SO MEAN!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

If people want a tank of beautiful brightly coloured fish, why don't they go marine?! Marine fish have such striking NATURAL intense colour, and it's what God gave them.

I really cannot imagine trying to hold a fish and inject it with dye, it's just not right, but some people in this world will do anything to make a buck... :cry: