June 29, 200818 yr comment_247087 Daddy keyhole seems to have developed a weird kinda twitching/tic but otherwise is fine. He'll be doing the usual 'I wanna get this breeding thing done' and then just start a crazy head jerk that'll go on for up to 5 seconds. Anyone else encountered this sort of thing? Oh, and all the other fish in the tank are fine. Have checked the water levels and all seems to be well. Mr K/H would be about 18months (?) old so I don't consider oldage to be a prob. Anyway, let me know what your thoughts are and definately what advise you have. Cheers. Report
June 29, 200818 yr Author comment_247088 Wow. I guess you can't change fonts and that on the subject line, huh? :roll: Report
June 29, 200818 yr comment_247089 My big Chocolate Cichlid male does the same thing.... he gets so excited when wanting to spawn, it almost looks like he is having a seizure at times... :lol: If your water is fine and all other fish are fine and he looks healthy then I wouldn't worry, just keep an eye... 8) Report
June 29, 200818 yr Author comment_247092 LOL! ! ! Glad to know! Perhaps it is just a case of 'lets-get-it-on'. I'll keep an eye on him....... Report
July 1, 200818 yr Author comment_247616 Yup..... the eggs are laid! Today is the second day, so tomorrow night, all hell will break loose in my tank..... DAMB! *sigh* :oops: Report
July 1, 200818 yr Author comment_247619 Er, yes....... and the activity in there is waaaaay beyond normal.. Just got a new fish too, , a flying-fox, YAY! He seems to be handling it well, but still!... Not going thru the breeding thing again for a while... Might use the fry for fishfood. Is this mean? Report
July 1, 200818 yr comment_247622 No not mean but Keyholes would be on the bottom of my list for fish food :lol: :lol: Report
July 1, 200818 yr Author comment_247625 Yeah. I've thought about cich-kebabs but apart from dreaming about it, it's never happened.... :lol: :lol: :roll: Report
July 1, 200818 yr comment_247626 :lol: I think I will stick with snapper or terakihi... even tho I would be rather partial to having a couple of nice size ones swimming around in a nice big cold water marine :lol: Report
July 1, 200818 yr Author comment_247630 Aaaaahh.... marine...... I'll get there oneday. COME ONE LOTTO :lol: (Oh, and a tasty morsel to clean it.... :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :roll: :bounce: ) Report
July 1, 200818 yr comment_247633 They certainly well worth keeping.. :lol: Tasty morsel too :lol: Report
July 1, 200818 yr Author comment_247638 Ha-ha! :lol: Humour on a Tuesday! FANTASTIC!!! (The fact that I'm listening to my flatmate seriously snoring on the couch adds to this..... :lol: 8) ) Oh, and if I do win lotto and have a swimming pool of marine with a tasty morsel to clean it all (how long would that take?) should I give you a call for a view? (Of either or...) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Report
July 1, 200818 yr comment_247639 Yeah give me a tinkle, I might just be able to add to your tasty morsel enclosure... :lol: Oooo I not a fan of hearing snoring.. give him a jab in the ribs :lol: :lol: Report
July 1, 200818 yr Author comment_247641 A jab? NOPE! ! ! ! ! I'll give the big bum a frikken laptop banged over the head! (Um, but if you hear the story on the news, IT WASN"T ME! ) And as for morsels, (is that the new word?), oh dear.... this could go on forEVER! When I get a water/air-bubble swiming tank full, (after the lotto, of course) I'll be getting as many species as are avaliable. Hang 5 for the new brown and blue type..... a little larger than previously released but well worth a visit to the fish farm. (Oh crap...... I just realised how bad that sounds! LOL! :lol: :lol: ) (Didn't say I didn't mean it though...) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.