URGENT: I think my fish have White Spot

breakaway

Looks a bit like it.

Tricky to treat with Cory's. I don't think you can add salt. You may be able raise the temperature to burn it out faster - what do others think?

I don't know if you can use meth blue or malachite green either...

Any of you cory lovers out there able to help.

Breakaway, why not try posting a link to here in the catfish part of the forum...

WHITE SPOT CURE (blue circle) !!!!!!!!!

IT WORKS THE BEST

dont use anything else , they may work but this is better and faster!

you cant get it wrong !! it works on other things not just white spot so if its something else it should do the job!!

turn up the temp

and if its bad treat for 3 days in a row!

Ive always had succes in the past using the blue circle cure, ive used it on clown loaches (nearly everyone says this is a bad idea) and never had any casualities. I have had panda cory's in the tank during treatment and they have been fine.

I have since stopped using the methlyene blue based cures on the clowns and have started using a malachite green (on recommendation of a good fish supplier), but have given two sets of treatment, three consecutive days at a time (six full doses in total over 8-9 days) and have still not got rid of it. After the first three doses they were definately only a couple of spots left, but still after the second set of three doses there are still spots.

I'm now considering waiting a couple of days and giving a dose of methlyene blue to get rid of it once and for all. Does white spot develop resistance??

Anyone else have any suggestions, the temp is raised to ~28C, and the fish are completely happy apart from the occasional itch...

should i leave them and see if they can get rid of it themselves now or treat them again??

Thanks Duncan.