Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Flowering plants

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what type of aquatic plants flower? Do certain plants need more light to flower? I just thought it'd be cool to have a flowering aquatic plant.

Saw one the other day that had just finished flowering. Can't remember the name of it, but could find out if you really want. This particular plant puts out large seeds which then sprout. I was lucky enough to be given 2 of these but they only have 3 leaves each at the moment and 'cos they're plants, don't seem to do much :wink:

Sorry I couldn't be much help. Let me know if you want the name of the plant and I'll see if I can find it out for you. :D

Was it a big plant or a small one?

Semi large. I'm guessing 15cm leaves but I could be wrong there. Kinda looked a bit like a skinny sword plant but I'm afraid I can't tell a hell of a lot more from looking at mine.

I know for a fact that my fish haven't nibbled the leaves so that's a good sign. Should be a nice feature when it grows ALOT larger and finally flowers. Would love to know what the flowers will look like. Hmmm. Now I want to find out more! :lol:

Sounds cool. post a pic of it I'm sure someone will know what it is.

No can do, bud. Haven't set up for photos here and (yawn) won't be doing it tonight. Will get around to it eventually. I'll find out some more information and hopefully have a photo to add at the same time. :wink:

Most aquarium plants will flower but only when grown emersed or the flower stems are allowed to emerge from the water. Some do flower under water but the usually don't last long. I have posted pictures of various flowers but they have been grown emersed. Barclaya longifolia will flower under water and sometimes produce seeds.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.