Aqua Via Pro 650

smidey

I have aquired another setup & a canister filter, Aqua Via Pro 650 came with it. it says on the label 1000lph. It is identical to my aqua one cf1000. Now, it hums like no filter i have heard before, man it sings a good tune. i have the forementioned cf1000 & a cf1200 & they are silent. Has anyone got one of these that is silent or close to it? If so i will fiddle around with it until it learns to be quiet or am i starting a losing battle? Are these a cheaper version aqua one rebranded....?

Via Aqua, that was the range that came out before Aqua One... they were just rebranded Aqua One... so before the AO CF range but similar or could say more or less the same...

its idenitcal in every way. i swaped the taps from an aqua one to this & all other parts seem identical.

thanks, anyone got a quiet one?

Mine is a via aqua 300,really quiet except after a clean up.I had noise problems after cleaning,put another impellor in and was louder,then had a look at filter and could see an air bubble half way up,between the bottom and middle basket.I removed the top and taps(read story in thread here),removed the top two baskets,put baskets back,prior had emptied water out.

I read in another filter site to prime by putting water in through the bleed cap/screw on the top of filter,did this and put inlet tap on,turned tap on,waited till water overflowed the filter,replaced bleed screw,turned tap off,fitted outlet tap,turned taps on,then turned power on,no noise.

Sometimes you hear the water/air in the line,I give the filter a slight shake,e.g rock filter slightly side to side,the air pockets dissolve up the outlet pipe sometimes.