unusual behaviour

newfisher

Not sure about older ones, its my young ones that love it.

First time I raised GBA, I had a small clay flower pot, broken in half to make a cave, then put an air stone through the little half hole in the bottom, the air bubbles run along the top of the cave and eventually hit the top and go up. They loved that. They'd sit upside down in the cave with the bubbles rushing over them.

None of this is necessary, but if you've got the gear free and the time to play around, go for it, see if she likes it.

my BN male climbs right out of the water up the glass where the filter outlet runs down

hes 100mm long and he gets clear of the water if its low enough. he sits on top of the suction cup that holds the spray bar for upwards of half an hour sometimes :lol:

not at the moment though hes been in his cave for a few days not even coming out to eat

I have the same thing with my GBA babies. The tank has a trickle filter on top (not my favourite filter), and quite commonly they swim up the outlet and swim aroung on the filter wool under the spray bar, in about 10mm of water.

I used to think these were the ugliest fish but i have become very attached to "rocky 1" and "balboa" They are most active and funny to watch. I have some DG's & neons as well but they tend to be very shy. Was going to add another type of fish for interest any suggestions not necessary the nicest looking fish but something with character :hail: looked at tiger barbs but after reading about them maybe not.