My Spyplane is ready...

Ira

*loopy notes to self not to show husband this thread* :roll:

Although even i think sticking a camera on a model would be cool.

There was an RC magazine issue recently that had a spectacular photo taken by a spy plane of a magpie.

I may be old fashioned but why build an extra support for the camera? I would imagine that attaching it to the wing would be better support, keep it clear of the propeller and reduce drag.

That said, VERY cool... I'll keep my eyes on the sky ;)

I may be old fashioned but why build an extra support for the camera? I would imagine that attaching it to the wing would be better support, keep it clear of the propeller and reduce drag.

That said, VERY cool... I'll keep my eyes on the sky ;)

Because the fuselage should be more stable so hopefully vibration won't move the camera as much.

The wings are made of thin balsa covered foam which wouldn't hold a screw very well.

I could have put it on the top of the wing where it is more solid, except that spot gets a bit of exhaust on it. The exhaust contains nitromethane(Used as an industrial solvent) and methanol(Also used as an industrial solvent)

I don't want either of those on my $150NZ camera.:)

The propwash from the propeller won't be a concern and the extra drag is insignificant given that the plane is designed to (And does) fly well on a weak .40 cubic 1 HP engine and is currently powered by a .61 2.2 horsepower engine.

looks cool I have seen the mini-electric helo's with them on too :)

Reminds me of some sort of dodgy stalker "I like to watch" thing lol Haha had a dodgy friend put a camera on a car once and drive it around uni hostels the chicks didn't really appreciate that :)

How do the goggles work?

looks good to me should be interesting to see some images :lol:

Is the plane a PT40? I think thats what mine was called just wish i still had it

Nope, it's a kyosho trainer. Predecessor to the Kyosho Calmato.

Don't think I'll be able to get any pics, I don't have anything I can plug into the receiver to record video.

Shouldn't unless they happen to be on the same frequency, most of them are frequency hopping.

Haven't flown it yet and when I was showing it off at the club night last night...It stopped working.

Now it's working again. I think it might have been a plug that came loose, I'm not quite sure.

That's always the way. You test something to bits in private and it's fine. Show it to someone else and the damned thing stops working :)

I've got a Flycamone2 on my Easystar, it's amazing how high they actually get when you see video. I'd love to get into FPV, but I'm saving for a faster plane now, probably a 130mph Funjet at this stage :) Good luck for the maiden!