German Blue Rams

JK

Last night I spotted a few auctions for German Blue Rams on trademe.

They are still only fry but will be available for pickup in a few weeks.

Anyone know the differences between German and Chinese Blue Rams or is it just the language they speak? :lol:

I think the imported ones from asian fish farms don't last long something to do with being hormone fed, however if you lucky enough to get a pair of them that breed before they cark it (some are also lucky enough the parents live) the babies should be fine provided they are fed on a varied normal diet..

Yeah I think the whole 10-12week wait thing is interesting, I can see their point they want the tank free'd up and want buyers ready to go. As a buyer I wouldn't pay a cent until I had the fish though, and also think the seller may find it difficult to track people down after a few month's as people change their mind etc..

I think the whole german ram versus chinese ram thing is them referring to bolivian/blue ram's some people confuse the 2 and call all blues "german blue ram" and bolivian's chinese rams..

Bilbo on here sells some nice ram's that his brother bred and he is also breeding some nice ones himself pm him if you want some ive had some for a few month's now and they're awesome :)

if you bother to read the ad in any detail you will see that you dont have to pay for them until time to pickup - therefore no real risk there for the buyer.

where in nz is bilbo based?

Another problem in recent times with rams is the fact they are coming in with internal parasites, some of them have to must dreadful sunken in tummies... Near on 2 years ago when we had 2 pairs of rams, they were outstanding in condition and lasted ages, even went as far as spawning in their planted tank.. yet kuhli loaches etc took care of those I am sure... :roll: :lol: I am certainly on the look out for some nice rams at some stage, just gotta make sure I have the room first.