Heating Fishroom

cichlid7

A heat pump is the best option but if you don't want to go to that expense, then there are things to consider.

A fan heater attached to a decent thermostat does not switch on very often and is not on for long when it does, so although they do use more electricity then other heaters they maybe the most cost effective way to top up the temperature. ?

A heat pump is the best option but if you don't want to go to that expense, then there are things to consider.

A fan heater attached to a decent thermostat does not switch on very often and is not on for long when it does, so although they do use more electricity then other heaters they maybe the most cost effective way to top up the temperature. ?

The only reason they use more energy is the 20-30 watts of the fan. Otherwise they're 100% efficient just like every other resistive heater.

And...Really...the power used by the fan is TINY compared to the heating element.

As per another post on fish rooms. The expense is related to heat loss not heat gain. Keep the heat in and you pay less regardless of what type of heating you use.

I have 3 300watt heaters running 8 tanks and to date I have one that I have never seen turn on and the room is ugly hot most of the time. Most of the heat comes from the fluro tubes.