Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guppy pregnancy stages

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

I know that theres alot of people out there that always want to know how far along their guppys are in their pregnancy so I thought I'd post this link up so peolpe would know.

http://www.fishforums.net/content-page/ ... re/page/0/

It's fairly accurate. I wasn't sure if I could copy it so I'll just post the link.

Hey thanx Cam!

I had a read to see fo I could determine where my three females were up to; I think they're at the start, middle and towards the end! It's a pretty handy reference for people who aren't so sure :)

Thanks Cam

I am at wits end with one of my guppies lol

twice now she has been as fat as anything with a huge very dark black gravid spot and I have moved her to the breeding tank, she gets herself all worked up and within and hour her gravid spot has lightnened a huge amount and no sign of fry

Is it possible that she is sucking them up LOL

sounds strange but man she is driving me bonkers lol

Hey BeDazzled,

When I was breeding my guppies, I found I was most successful when I had a tank specific for my females.

Here's what I did - I had a 40 litre tank set up like a tank, gravel, plants, caves etc. I had my best breeding females in the tank (usually only two at a time), and i would go out and purchase a male i wanted to breed from. The male went in with the girls, and I basically waited until she dropped her fry. I have been lucky enough to watch her birth her fry as well which was cool!

Once she had dropped all her fry, I usually caught all the fry and placed them in to a breeding net, did a small water change, and depending on how the female looked, I either left the male in, or took him out to go in the community tank to look pretty.

I eventually purchased a tank specifically to raise and grow the fry in as well, although I have given it all up for a while and all the guppies are all together at the mo. I have two very gravid females and neither seem to want to have babies just at the moment!

Keep trying and I'm sure you'll get there in the end. :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.