Discus peppering, will it disapear?

johnny

Hi All

Just got a couple of new discus.

I love them. But can anyone tell me if the Peppering/greyish tinge will disappear on the checkerboard below:

321217410.jpg

321217409.jpg

321217407.jpg

321217397.jpg

When I bought him he was nice and clear with none at all, I’m not saying he’s bad looking, it’s just I noticed it under his mouth especially and then noticed it really lightly over his body. If you look closely in the photos u can notice it.

I travelled down from Auckland with them and by the time I put him/her in the tank I noticed a slight peppering.

This is the other discus I got and it’s nice and bright with no peppering at all.

321217404.jpg

Will the checkerboard go back to how it was when I picked it up?

Cheers

Johnny

I'm sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong but discus especially those crossed with pigeon? do pepper if there is a darker background area in the tank to blend in with. Mine have also done it, there is a black backing on my tank. I do not know if it ever disappears.

I am certain its not caused by food as 3 of my discus are absolutely clean bodied and the other three have peppering. They all share the same diet. When I first got them they were orange and orange/white and have gradually become speckly.

yeah for sure man what part of tga you in?

i've cut right down ay those tanks you got off me used to be discus breeding/raising tanks :) still have a few tanks about tho that i can't bear to sell haha. gonna breed some glowlights very soon just fed them up on whiteworms. :bounce: