minimm tank size for ellecric yellow

DantezGirl

Oh and when I say 3ft I mean a descent sized one.. Not one of those poxy ones that is like 100L..

I have to laugh at that as I have 3 x 4fts that only hold 100 litres too, its certainly not always the length that counts is it. :D

I have had EY exceed well past the 10cm mark... The more females you can have the easier it is on each individual female... 1 male to 2 females may work, but hmmm the more the merrier... They are a pretty laid back mbuna compared to other species, but still the more room the better it is for the fish... I don't really believe in minimum sizes in tanks when it comes to keeping aggressive and somewhat busy species 8) JMO :D

I think the tank size depends on the experience of the person and the temperment of the fish involved.. Yes you can get away with a tank this size with certain fish and someone who has the tanks to remove fish if things go wrong or the ability to spot things going wrong before they are fatal..

Alot of my advice is based on the fact it is beginners asking and they wont have the luxury of having a heap of tanks to move fish around in or upgrade the fish as they grow it is based on what I feel will likely work long term for them and not set them up for a fall..