Fry colouring

Hi guys,

I have some 5 week old fighter fry that have been I've been feeding them microworms 3-5 times a day. They're about 1cm to 1.5cm but they havn't got any colour (I think there is a little bit of red on their fins but not much). I was just wondering when they'll get their colour?

Theres a bit more red on them now. Most of them have red on them then there's a black/dark blue line of colour on their bottom fin. do they ussually have this dark line or is it part of their colouring? I saw on one of them theres blue close to the body that then turns to red and then the black line on the bottom. Any idea what colour type they'll be? I can see crowning really easy on them now so I'm glad about that.

They'll slowly colour up in the next couple weeks probably.

Are the bodies light or dark coloured?

The dark colour on the anal fin are on a few of mine at the moment too. Still waiting to see what they grow into as I'm hoping for a black butterfly 8)

Everything you can see on their fins is part of the colour they will eventually be and it sounds like their bodies may end up mostly red with perhaps the odd blue. They should colour up properly soon - my yellows are showing their colours now and they are around the same age as yours.

mine have just hatched this evening, so i still have a while to wait. dad is red and mum is blue. very small chance one or 2 may be purple :D

If only mixing fighters was like mixing paint lol. If you did happen to get a purple one, I would probably drool a lot 8)