Water changes.

Tropheus

I dont do water changes that big, but if you do need to, you can add the water conditioner directly to the tank before you top it up.

As for the heavy metal thing... It's drinking water.. if you have any significant level of heavy metals in your drinking water you have bigger problems than your fish getting sick :-?

Ian

Because I live in the boon-docks I have a resin filter that the water goes thru then into a storage tank thru to a mechanical filter and finally a UV chamber.

My biggest problem is water temp. If I do a big change then I can drastically change water temps so I to tend to trickle big changes thru the sumps other wise just straight out the hose into the tank.

A friend on the west coast uses a 400l drum/tank which he pre heats and then pumps water from the drum into his tank

HTH

Navarre

I used to stick the hose in the tanks.. But now its winter and I have an empty 5ft in my fishroom (Shock horror an empty tank..) I use that for water changes and top it up afterwards :) But I change nowhere near 1000L..

Is everything ok ryan? you havnt been going back to MTS anonymous again have you? :evil: you know it run by people who just want your tanks to them selves :wink:

Do any of you use a water ager of some kind?

I have been using a internal bubble filter with charcoal which runs for about a week. But i still noticed when doing water changers some of the fish start to scratch. Just looking at alternative ways instead of using a ager. The cost would add up.

Just to confirm I have a 1000ltr barrel which does water changers for half my tanks. I dont do 1000ltrs for one tank :) mind you the over day i walked away during a water change for one tank and forgot about it. Came back 20 mins later and emptied about 500ltrs in one tank. Fish room flooded and garage. Boy where the fish pissed with me. Poor buggers had a 500% water change :lol: :lol: They all lived

Dont you find the fish still scatch?

And yes even in our drinking water there are still heavy metals lurking around. It might not harm us (well i hope not) but since the fish pass it thru their gills it does effect them.

I considered a water filter but they just to dame SLOW