Illegal/Banned animals - If allowed, what would you have?

Heir

A tarantula, if only to try and cure my fear of spiders. Or make it worse. :o I have held one, a chilean rose and because it was so big and slow moving for some reason it wasn't scary.

Man you are so brave! I'm petrified of spiders, and the thought of holding one... THAT big... Oh god

I would love to have a Cheetah if I had the space (lots of space) but I probably wouldn't so it would just be cruel to keep it.. Maybe a Serval because they're small big cats and are kept as pets around the world already, and apparently you can train them like dogs.

Or I would love a wolf :) My bfs dad had pet wolves when he lived in Europe... Soo jealous.

A tarantula, if only to try and cure my fear of spiders. Or make it worse. :o I have held one, a chilean rose and because it was so big and slow moving for some reason it wasn't scary.

There are a lot of tunnelwebs that are pretty damn close to tarantulas, not quite as big but when they're running towards you from the woodpile they're close enough...

Or I would love a wolf :) My bfs dad had pet wolves when he lived in Europe... Soo jealous.

Probably wouldn't be hard to get them into NZ. Just import them as Alaskan Malamutes. I know there have been several people that have imported wolves from Alaska into Hawaii where they're banned and despite DNA testing Hawaii couldn't say they were wolves.:)

There used to be Wolves at Orana Park years ago, they were there when I visited in 1992.... yet they were old then, had been brought into Orana Park in the 1970's if I remember rightly. Beautiful animals, would have to be one of my most favourite mammals... I would own one anyday if it was possible... :lol: I know there are rather a few part wolves around in america being kept as pets... I remember seeing a clip on You Tube of a guys one who was babying a litter of 6 kittens, washing their faces etc, was so gorgeous to watch...

The ones at Orana looked nothing like Alaskan Malamute, they were alot finer boned and rangey, more like large version of siberian husky... pointed features etc... if you had to imagine what they looked most closest to K9 wise..