May 21, 200818 yr comment_236415 Hi y'all. New to all of this, almost. I haven't many fish and am still figuring out what I do want. Have to be honest, when something breeds, it doesn't leave much room for other fish to be really happy, especially when there's 80 or more of the little blighters swimming around and a pretty hacked off plecotamus. 100L isn't much room for all that, eh? Anyway, keen to hear from any and all. 0.5 Report
May 21, 200818 yr Author comment_236426 Come on Dixon! You pointed out this site to me so maybe a little advice is in order? Report
May 21, 200818 yr Author comment_236429 Hmmm. There's a wee bug crawling around on my screen and MTS doesn't compute at the moment. Meaning? Report
May 21, 200818 yr comment_236430 welcome aboard. Some advice tho... Take your time. We dont know what fish you have type or set up of tank. sounds tho ur doing ok with the breeding tho. do you have an outlet for the bubs? Welcome look around there are many peps here who can more than help you out Navarre Report
May 21, 200818 yr comment_236431 Hmmm. There's a wee bug crawling around on my screen and MTS doesn't compute at the moment. Meaning? thats davids avatar lol MTS- Multi tank syndrome Report
May 21, 200818 yr Author comment_236433 Thanks. Keyhole cichlids, as per trademe. Also, another tank with a (now removed) plecotamus, rasporus, cherry barb and some baby tiger barbs. Had an angel but didn't watch when I got it from the petshop - crook. Something wrong with lighting for plant growth and I'm getting frustrated. Ha! That's an understatement! The parents and babies are doing great but the tank is becoming overwhelmed and I really don't want to have to destroy the little guys. Would love to master the whole tropical thing before moving on to another type of tank. Oh, and also have kuhli loaches in a tank, and cockabillies in another. Okay, so that makes 4 tanks in all. Not much when I look at what some of you have, but it's a start and I'm STILL learning. As I said, any advise greatly accepted. Help! Report
May 21, 200818 yr Author comment_236436 Great, but you have MTS for 2 things. Have to use my brain in future, yeah? :lol: Report
May 21, 200818 yr Author comment_236441 HA! Knew I could eventually stun someone with my brilliance! (Shame the fish thing dosen't come easy...) Report
May 21, 200818 yr comment_236443 all have to start somewhere and that is where this site comes in handy. im only 16 and i already have 52 tanks :roll: :lol: Report
May 21, 200818 yr Author comment_236444 Excellent! Though I have to ask, what are you doing awake at this time of night!? Feed your fish and go to bed! (School tomorrow.) Report
May 21, 200818 yr comment_236446 lol this is not late i am normally on here with wasp (one of the reefers) talking about marine between 12 and 1:30am + 5 - 6 hours of sleep is plenty for me Report
May 21, 200818 yr comment_236477 Hi and Welcome Most of us on here are still learning I think its like what you don't know others might. I seen your keyholes on tm , very nice am keen to get some but unexpected bills came up so have to wait and hopefully You will still have some when I can afford Report
May 21, 200818 yr comment_236480 Hi and welcome. You ought to join the Tasman Aquarium Club for more local advice. They are hosting the national FNZAS conference Queen's Birthday weeked. There would be a chance to meet LOTS of knowledgeable fishkeepers (many from here too) If interested, send a PM to AMAZONIAN. Report
May 21, 200818 yr Author comment_236484 Thanks guys. The conference thing sounds like a great idea. Report
May 25, 200818 yr comment_237477 Hi & welcome! 4 tanks already...so you already have a good start at MTS... :lol: :lol: I've never had baby fishies so I'd be of no help to you. Post pics of your tanks. Take care & have fun, Caper Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.