Chimeras Tank Build (Sump room, new tank etc)

chimera

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought a marine angelfish book from jansens at their sale the other day. a whole $3 worth :D it had a really good chapter on the regal angel at the back. the book indicated that this was by far the hardest of all angels to keep. hard to get to eat and even if you can, keeping it's nutrition up because of its partcularly fussy diet is difficult. however, i have had my angel for about 8 weeks now and he seems to be fine. chris brought me over a small frozen seafood mix sample which I used to feed the angel with. outcompeting the tang was the hard part for him :D

i decided to continue the same seafood mix so want shopping today, chopped it all up and made a seafood marinara. couldnt resist taking a photo of it, it looked so disgusting! mussels, shrimps, oysters, prawns, terakihi and chopped up nori. mixed it all up and froze it. i think i made way too much coz seafood generally only lasts 3 months or so in the freezer. here's my beautiful stew... followed by a picture of a single mussel i threw in the tank for the fish to chow down in the meantime. the regal angel was the first on the scene!

seafoodmix-050716.jpg

regal angel the first fish in for a feed...

angelandshrimps-050716.jpg

blenny looking down from above...

eatingmussel-050716.jpg

updated sump room pic's. added larger holes to outlet pipe into refugium helps disperse the flow a little better! hard to see but it's the mass of water on the left side of the first pic. i hooked up the small aquamedic skimmer to the glass on the fuge just to test (seen in first and third pics) got a little bit of skimate out, might be ok for a small tank?!

sumproom-050716.jpg

sumproom-sump050716.jpg

sumproom-fuge050716.jpg

cher bro :D

on a lighter note (lighter?) the better half gave birth last night to our second child. a little (ok, not so little, 9lb 5ou and 56cm long!) boy. looks jist like his daddy :D size is probably due to his dad being 6'3 and mum 6'1 :lol: