Frontosa Pics and tank mates

Afrikan

Here are a few more recent pics than the last lot taken... a few pics of our Frons and Fryeri tank mate. Also have placed a couple of pics at the end of the lot of Neolamp trets.

P1050444.jpg

P1050412.jpg

P1050417.jpg

P1050401.jpg

Alto comp can't not have a pic taken (below) :roll: :lol:

P1050443.jpg

And lastly Neolamp trets... (Sorry for the blurred pics, despite their nasty nature with each other, they seem very camera shy) :lol: :lol: And a pain in the behind to get a decent pic of... :roll: :roll:

P1050463.jpg

P1050473.jpg

Thanks guys... and don't worry Ant N, get as much as you can done now, they are a major distraction having them... :lol: just so beautiful... I have never once regretted ever getting fronnies, I love them to bits... and their personality is just great. And watching them grow from such tiny babies is so awesome.

Heya Tiden

Definately can tell with behaviour whos who in the zoo :lol: Our alpha male is a crack up.... I guess you can never be 100%, however, after a while you get to really click on with behaviours in the tank...

They are currently digging pits at the moment.

Well the trets.... I have 3... I originally sold them... sold the 6... 2 got nailed with new owner (not surprising as they are dangerously aggressive) then situation changed with the owner and I got offered them back... so I got the 4 back (however one was obviously the next weakest link and was being given a bashing) so it didn't last... and well the 3 left are fine and dandy, pretty sure there is a male/female in there.. I have seen them together sussing out a cave... however, I will end up netting them and placing them in a very heavily rocked and caved seperate species tank. I reckon they would have to be one of the most aggressive tangys out! Enough to leave beads of sweat on your brow watching them with each other :lol:

Thanks Tiden.... need as much luck as I can get.. they seem to have split personality disorder and are into volatile relationships... I am not sure they should be bringing fry into the world :lol: :lol:

Actually it's something I am going to look at doing soon. They just look so innocent and shy, but they are actually the devil reincarnate in fish form :lol:

Thanks guys...

Yeap Ryan there is, and actually she was a cull out that I threw in there for the frons to munch :lol: :lol: Before I got rid of the DB harem I stripped a female and fed the babes out to the frons... all got eaten bar the one in pic of which has now grown up :lol: :lol: Talk about survival of the fittest :lol: And it had to female *cough cough* :wink:

• 2 weeks later...