Clown Killie tank

Foxjxa

I've finally got my camera working and decided to test it out taking pics of my clowns' tank! It's looking a bit cheesy at the moment, what with the couple of random ornaments and variety of plants - and it will continue to look that way until I get my hands on some more java moss!

Anyway, here it is:

(With my great light, which heats the tank more than it brightens it!)

do2o03.jpg

sauo7p.jpg

The little guy stalking his freeze-dried bloodworms...

2e0s1w2.jpg

Close up, with a nice reflection.

j5gviv.jpg

My female was far too shy to get in front of the camera, and there is an otto hidden in there somewhere as well. Unfortunately my camera can't capture the real beauty of my little clown, he's fins are really gorgeous and he even flares up his fins for me in person. :D Awesome little fish.

Hopefully once I get more java moss and get rid of the ornaments and some of the other plants, they will become baby-making machines! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

*Update*

Added some more java moss, it doesn't look like much from this angle, but from above there's only a tiny bit of space in the corner for the otto!

6fmtg9.jpg

Almost as soon as I had finished rearranging the tank, my little guy was out and about chasing his 'Missus', (who seems to enjoy hiding in the moss now)! The poor Otto obviously felt a bit suffocated at first, but after a few mintues he settled down and munched on an algae wafer before going off to hide as well. :)

No sign of any baby killie's* yet, but hopefully that'll change soon! *fingers crossed*

*Lots of baby snails have suddenly appeared, however. The irony. :evil:

Hi Fox,

I am pleased to see, you have removed the crainium from the aquarium!

To get rid of the small snails, firstly I recommend you soak any plants to be used in any tank in allum water, and if as you have noticed small snails in the aquarium, introduce a couple of chain loaches, they will eat any new baby snails.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

EJ

Hi Fox,

I am pleased to see, you have removed the crainium from the aquarium!

To get rid of the small snails, firstly I recommend you soak any plants to be used in any tank in allum water, and if as you have noticed small snails in the aquarium, introduce a couple of chain loaches, they will eat any new baby snails.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

EJ

The chain loaches will also eat any small fry.

Hi Dixon,

Yes you are right the Chain Loach will eat the small fry, but the snails will also eat the eggs from the Clown's, you therefore in my opinion, have to remove the sanils first.

Cheers,

EJ