Sponge filter on while trying to breed Blue Ram's

dwalk

I'm having my first go at breeding Blue Ram's, and while I know they lay egg's on smooth surfaces, If I have a sponge filter running, would it suck the fry in when they hatch??

PS Any other tips on breeding would be appreciated

Sponge filters are what you use when your breeding and you don't want the eggs to be sucked up..

Mine spawned all the time I fed them up on whiteworms and daphnia I had blues and golds breeding like mad, I killed all the babies though either before or just afte free swimming so haven't figured that out yet, I then lost all the blues and all the golds except for one male I have just brought some more blues so hopefully I can get them breeding, and hopefully one of the blue females breeds with the gold :)

Can you breed blue and gold rams together.mumzy50

Some people say yes some people say no.

At the moment i am saying yes,Just because they are all blue in the wild.

So its just like Breeding a Black angel with a Pearlscale Crowned angel.

JMO

I am going to give it a go but I am a responsible breeder if anything random does come out then it will be disposed of :) I just really want this gold to have babies because he's awesome ill get some pics at some stage..

AFAIK golds are just a colour varient of the blues and im talking normal blues and normal golds not those mutant ones..

yea mitzy they'll interbreed potentially and you don't want that.

Isn't it just like breeding 2 different coloured guppies together? They will cross breed but if its a community tank there is little chance of babies surviving so I wouldn't worry about it if you did want to breed them later on then take the blues out breed them then take the golds out breed them.

Hi Ryan, I've seen the result of the cross between blue & gold and in all honestly I couldn't tell that they weren't true blue rams. The breeder showed me and I think she said there was a little yellow around or just behind the gill area.